PE Coach / Sports Coach September 2018
Salary: C2 .24 - £16,576.80 - SO1 . 31 £21,689.95
We are looking for an inspiring and talented Primary Higher Level Teaching Assistant, specialising in PE, to join our vibrant and friendly Church of England Primary School.
You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and want the very best for our pupils.
Middleton St Mary's CE (VC) Primary School is a two-form entry primary school in the heart of Middleton, Leeds. We believe that every child is unique and that each deserves the opportunity to be happy, feel valued and experience success. Recent developments include refurbishment work, new resources and a motivated and strong staff team. Moving forward we aim to now develop our PE and Sports provision further.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach national curriculum PE across the school and contribute to the development of other support staff, pupils, school policies and strategies;
- Work collaboratively with teaching staff and assist teachers in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources;
- Supervise whole classes during the short term absences of teachers;
- Provide support for pupils, the teacher and the school in order to raise standards of achievement for all pupils, by utilising advanced levels of knowledge and skills when assisting with planning, monitoring, assessing and managing classes;
- Encourage pupils to become independent learners and be proud in their achievements;
- Provide support for their welfare and support the inclusion of our pupils in all aspects of school life.
- Be committed to on-going professional development;
- Be innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead.
Why work at Middleton St Mary's CE (VC) Primary School
- A large friendly school, with the benefits of a thriving community of schools in Leeds.
- Children who work hard and behave well; we encourage them to reach for their ‘personal best’, academically and in the way they relate to others.
Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting our School Business Manager, Mrs Denise Pepper, on 01132717206
To apply for this post, please download and complete the application form attached. Application forms should be returned to the Headteacher, Mrs Naomi Wood by e-mail: email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Monday 16th July 2018