What is the purpose of the School Sport and PE Premium?
The dedicated primary PE and Sport Premium goes directly to primary school headteachers so that they can decide how best to use it to provide sporting activities for pupils. Primary schools around England can use the premium to:
- up-skill teachers to improve the quality of sport lessons
- invest in quality coaching
- provide more opportunities for pupils to take part in inter-school competitions
- offer more after-school clubs
- purchase better equipment
- to encourage more pupils to enjoy sport
- improve sport teaching for pupils with Special Educational Needs
- deliver holiday and weekend activities
- boost Change4Life clubs, helping pupils build a healthier lifestyle
- improve academic outcomes for pupils
- impower pupils to have the confidence to lead active play activities / intra-school competitions
Government Vision for PE and Sports Premium Funding:
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and
lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
PE Premium 2020 - 2021
Our planned expenditure for 2020-2021 includes additional swimming lessons for children who missed lessons in Spring and Summer 2020 due to Covid-19.
PE Premium 2018-2019
Our expenditure and impact for 2018-2019.